Hi everyone !
I’ve had this fleece reindeer blanket for years already
and now decided to give it a crochet pompom edging. :-)
Love it, wish I had done it earlier !
Inspiration found here: http://onceuponapinkmoon.blogspot.nl/2013/09/pom-pom-edge...
Made some changes to the original pattern/tutorial, see below.
If you would like to make a pompom edge to make your fleece blanket special, go ahead !
This is what I did (US terms):
slst = slip stitch, ch = chain, dc = double crochet
1) Foundation round in light grey: slst in each little hole along the edge, with 2 ch in between each slst.
2) Next round in light grey: 2 dc in each 2 ch space along the straight edges, 3 dc in each 2 ch space along the rounded corners. Working 1 ch between each dc cluster.
- Making the pompom: Working in 3rd ch from hook, [3 dc without the last yarn-pull-through, yarn over when having 4 loops on hook, and pull through all 4 loops at once]. Work 3 ch, working in the st that closed the 3 dc cluster, repeat between [ ]. Fold the last made cluster over the 1st made cluster, towards the front, and secure them with a slst in the st where your first cluster begins
- (To do this go through the stitch, leaving 1 part of the stitch in the back and 2 parts in the front, see link above for original pattern/tutorial from onceuponapinkmoon)
3) Pompom round in white: attach white yarn in a ch space, [work 4 ch, 1 pompom, 2 ch, slst in next ch space, 2 ch, slst in next ch space]
Repeat bewteen [ ] all around the blanket edge.
Note: I decided to make a pompom every other ch space, to my liking,
and to save time and yarn. ;-)
Feel free to use my instructions and / or to make adjustments just like you wish
or to fit your project !
Happy Holidays to you all ! Thanks for reading, XXX, Marjan.